Friday, January 18, 2013

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Retrospective (on Gametactics.com)

This is an opinion piece I wrote in 2011. It was intended for another website, but it never got published in the end, so I sent it to my friends at Gametactics.com, who published it a few weeks ago.

This is not a part of the article, just Chaos Theory praise to go along with it:
This is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a remarkable demonstration of truly open-ended stealth gameplay, with actual darkness mechanics that make use of in-game dynamic lighting. Since this game's release in 2006, most "stealth" games are action games with optional stealth elements, and none of them have had a similar style of open-ended yet focused gameplay that I loved so much about Chaos Theory.

In hindsight, I probably should have tidied up the writing a bit before submitting it, but I'm mostly happy with the result.

Please, someone imitate this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment